February 15, 2013

Van Gogh Chalk Paint

I should probably begin with an update on my "finish all the crappy projects in the closet" goal. It'll be a quick update because I've completed a grand total of NO projects so far. But that's OK - I only said I would complete them this year. And we're only in month two of 2013 ;)

For my next project I'm going to paint another piece of furniture. And while I didn't mention it in my post about finishing all the crappy projects, this one technically fits the bill because I've had this little side table in my basement for about three years:


I bought it from someone via kijiji for $10, planning to use it as a side table in our basement, which is completely finished but I don't mention it often because it's kind of a "boy cave" - full of hockey mini sticks, Wii games, Tae Kwon Do equipment etc. I don't go down there much ;)

However, we've recently re-organized it a bit. Our boys are getting to old for a lot of their toys and we've gotten rid of a lot of the stuff that used to make the place look like Toys R Us barfed all over the floor. This little table is completely open inside and will make great storage for board games, cards etc. once I'm finished.

Shortly before Christmas, I won a contest held by Elsinore at Splash of Charm. I was the lucky recipient of a can of Van Gogh Chalk Paint and a container of Van Gogh Beeswax Furniture Finish:


Van Gogh is a Canadian chalk paint line and I think they have some really pretty colours.
I chose "Lipstick" which is a beautiful red, but I also love the look of Muse, Chivalry and Laundered Money.


I'm planning to get this table finished over the weekend so I'll be back next week with my review of the paint. I love to support Canadian companies where possible so I'm hoping I love it!


7 comments:

  1. This is exciting! Isn't Elsinore great! I look forward to your update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring it on! I look forward to the makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lines of your piece. So, you got me motivated to finish some crap, and then you bailed out? Pin this thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't bail. Just re-ordered the projects ;)
      That other quilt is getting finished...at some point this year! That thing is a bear.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing, I will bookmark and be back again.

    Independent House in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time to get back to blogging, girl. I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment here: Love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...